Our taster days will introduce you to our approach to managing your diabetes - we will show you how a holistic approach to your type 2 diabetes could open the door to better sugar control and help you regain control of your health.
We are passionate about good food and our expert chefs are a unique combination of a raw plant based specialist and a professional chef with a background of working in Michelin Star kitchens. Anna and Mike between them can cover areas as diverse as how to use new and exciting superfoods, medicinal mushrooms and interesting ferments as well as helping you master the kind of basic skills that will help you eat well and deliciously. Food with us will always be exciting, tasty and a mix of familiar and unusual for you to get an insight into how to supercharge your food choices. Some foods are particularly useful for insulin resistance and they will be part of this one day program.
To make sustainable change you must become an expert in your own diabetes. We can feed the same meal to three people with type 2 and they will have 3 different blood sugar readings afterwards. We will help you navigate all the complex factors that affect YOUR blood glucose readings. Food is key in this, but it is not the only factor.
What to expect on our Taster Day:
Food served by award winning chef Mike - gourmet canapes on arrival delicious food throughout the day
Superfood masterclass with demos & tasters from raw food chef Anna
Professional advice from Diabetes nutritionist Rhaya - understanding your diabetes & getting your sugars stable
- delicious and unexpected ways of eating that can help keep you sugars more stable
- learn how to become your own expert on your own diabetes.
- understand the diabetes triangle - your sugars respond to more than what you put in your mouth!
- how to leave the dieting mentality and all it's destructive cycles of binge eating and restricting behind you.
- what are the most useful healing foods for insulin resistance?
- trigger foods and cravings - there are ways to be free from them and get your health back.
- how to slow down how quickly you eat - there are tips and tricks to make this vital skill easier to master without driving yourself bats.
- Learn to make grain-free bread & sugar-free chocolate
- Hands on class making your own wraps & ferments
Learn Fermentation on Diabeatit Taster Day
Join us for our next Taster Day
Program: Winter Menu
Canapes on arrival - mini pizzas, quails egg snaps and baby gem with samphire & pesto,
Drinks - cucumber, ginger, mint & lemon infused water / medicinal herb teas
Starter - marinated vegetable wraps
Lunch - a warm winter salad with celeriac soup served and vegetable bread with red pepper lyonnaise
Sweet - Low GI raw chocolates packed with superfoods
The food will be a mix of raw and cooked dishes. All food is organic, vegetarian and free from dairy, gluten and grains.
To find out about our next Taster Day, sign up to our newsletter: